fondo flash
El tiempo - Tutiempo.net
Contact | Web map | Español | english

The Martyres Park

Home > Cultural Resources > The Martyres Park

The Martyres Park was initially the old promenade on the rambla or dry riverbed of the Cruz, today called the Rambla of Don Diego. The work to transform the old promenade to the path we have today began in the fifties, with the planting of elm trees giving it a classical look by adorning it with columns which look like roman capitols. The fountain was added in 1957. The park has been subsequently remodelled and in 2009 the original look of the fountain was recovered by putting in a reproduction of the figure which have been there since its creation and which was one of the town most emblematic figures: it is of a naked child  kneeling down and holding two fish in his hands. In 1979 the fountain began to have problems because the water jets were blocked, because of which, in one of the renovation sessions, the original sculpture was removed and disappeared. Up until the present day nobody knows its whereabouts. The reproduction has been carried out based on an old photograph recovered from the municipal archives. From the Martyres Park we can enjoy magnificent views of Alhama Castle.


The Martyres Park

subir - top

© 2023 
Plaza de la Constitución, 10 Alhama de Murcia (Murcia)
Telf: 968 63 35 12 · Fax: 968 63 94 90
turismo@alhamademurcia.es
Diseño y programación: Avatar Internet S.L.L.
Escudo de Alhama de Murcia Q de Calidad Turística Oficinas Turismo ISO
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para facilitar y mejorar la navegación. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas su uso. Más información