fondo flash
El tiempo - Tutiempo.net
Contact | Web map | Español | english

The Tercia House

Home > Cultural Resources > The Tercia House

The Tercia House is a granary house located in the Larga Street (Long Street in English) and built in 1755 by order of the Marquis of Los Velez to store a third of all the grain harvested in this town. With the arrival of the 19th century it was restored so as to serve as a hall for dances and social activities, which were typical of the bourgeoisie of this period. At the start of the 20th century it was used as a school, for putting on plays and other cultural activities and during the civil war it was used as a prison. It is a building which is typified by its architectural simplicity; on the façade the only decorative element stands out, it is the shield of the Marquisate of Villafranca and of Los Vélez which has been declared of cultural significance. In the lower part of the shield we can see the inscription which says “This granary of the most excellent Marquis of Villafranca and of Los Vélez was constructed when the general administrator of the village was Silvestre Alvarez de Mora. Year of 1755”


The Tercia House

subir - top

© 2023 
Plaza de la Constitución, 10 Alhama de Murcia (Murcia)
Telf: 968 63 35 12 · Fax: 968 63 94 90
turismo@alhamademurcia.es
Diseño y programación: Avatar Internet S.L.L.
Escudo de Alhama de Murcia Q de Calidad Turística Oficinas Turismo ISO
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para facilitar y mejorar la navegación. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas su uso. Más información